Thursday, August 27, 2009

It seems all that tuition money was well-spent

So, I'm watching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I enjoy Indiana Jones because it reassures me that I am not the worst archaeologist to ever exist. About 20 minutes in, I send the following IM to my parents:

"Have you noticed that in the classroom scene, the pot drawings are the wrong way round? They're British, not American. In the UK we draw ceramics with the exterior on the right-hand side and the interior on the left, and in America it's exterior on the left and interior on the right. His pot drawings are clearly British. I think the set designers picked up a reference book from the wrong country."

A full semester of archaeological illustration, and I may not be able to get a job doing it, but by God I can nitpick movies. Go me.

No comments: