Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Houseshare

So I finished paying all my fees and first two month's rent and all, and got the keys and codes so I can move into the houseshare. The room is decorated in green and orange, so the stuff I got for the bed this afternoon totally clashes (black and raspberry) but I'm really okay with that. Tomorrow I can start moving stuff down there so I can live down there and just work on the dissertation up here.

I was describing the place to my parents, and I think they were surprised. We were all expecting that I would end up with a slumlord, what with the fact that I currently have no job and a temporary visa, but I got unbelievably lucky. Around the time I was telling them about the newly redone floors, they asked me how much I was paying for this place again? because the landlady is in fact undercharging for it, in our opinion. I kind of never want to leave because I'll probably never get this lucky again.

Anyway, I'll post pictures of this place on the locked journal sometime around Thursday. I do still have to get Internet installed in my room. And, of course, I have to finish this damn dissertation.

No comments: