Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm not homeless next month!

So the realtor just e-mailed and said that the landlords have everything sorted out on their end and would I still like to move in on September 1st, which I'm pretty sure means that I got the room. Excellent. Once I am allowed to move in I will post pictures on the locked journal, because I suspect this is the nicest room I will have for a long time, and it's certainly nicer than my room at home. I should add that the landlady referred to the room I wanted as "the orange room," which would have totally put me off if I hadn't seen it first.

There is no internet in the room. I'll have to get it installed. Also, the university doesn't kick me out until September 19th, and I am still working on the dissertation and have all my gigantic, heavy library books up here. So the plan is that I will cook and sleep down there, and work on the dissertation up here during the day. I keep nonperishable food up here, which I can just have for lunch, and I can make breakfast and dinner down there and that should cut my food bills by a lot, because, well, food you don't have to cook is expensive. Also, the bed down there is a double, and the one up here is a twin. I don't care for twin beds anymore because you can't put books in the empty space next to you. Also, the lightbulb in the nearest WC has been burned out for five days now and I am just so over university accomodation.

So that is the deal right now. I have somewhere to go before the university kicks me out. I am also about 1/3 of the way through the writing part of the dissertation. The job is still a problem. I'm applying for a full-time temporary job at the moment, but I actually really hope I don't get it, because it's basically on the other end of the country and now is not a good time to be moving around, but since I can apply for it without violating the terms of my student visa, I may as well do it for interview practice. I'm actually planning on just trying to get a part-time job at one of the bookstores around here in late September or early October when they need extra help before Christmas. So hopefully that will also work out.

I haven't heard anything further about my aunt. I'm worried.

No comments: