Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Parts I Leave Out When I IM My Parents

"There's a lighted Christmas tree on top of the tallest building in the school"...and I use it to keep track of where the campus is when I go wandering alone at night.

"I didn't get to the downtown library today"...the street was blocked off because of the bomb scare.

"Yes, it's okay if David stays here with me so you don't have to get two hotel rooms"...even though he's now the sort of person I would never speak to if I didn't have the misfortune of being related to him.

"Grandpa sent me a birthday check, so I went into town today to send him a thank-you note"...and I used the money to buy the British Harry Potter books.

"Yes, I am trying to figure out a specialty so I can pick a thesis topic"...when I can tear myself away from the paleopathology textbooks.

"I'm thinking of getting my visa status changed and getting a job here next year"...because I'll miss you, and I'll miss NephthysWrath, but I don't care if I never see America again.

No comments: