Saturday, December 20, 2008

The internet makes people stupid, Part 2

A couple of weeks ago, I sent my parents a list of things to bring me from America. This evening, just a few minutes ago, I got the following messages, which I swear I have not altered, except to change our names and add one clarifying note.

[12:33:21 AM] Dad says: We just took a quick look for the Damon Runyon books, and didn't see them.. Do you know where they are?
[12:34:18 AM] Dad says: Also, this is the list 'o stuff - Are we missing anything?

(Ed. note: Antares' Original List, With No Alterations)

Contact lens fluid (Optifree if possible)
Earplugs
Aleve
Sudafed
Skippy creamy peanut butter
Fluff
Taco seasoning
Reese's cups
(if you have time for this) a pair of cheap sneakers from payless, size 9 and a half.
you already have socks and underwear
Damon Runyon books (exercise room, bookshelf closest to the computer.)
[12:48:33 AM] Antares says: yes...the Damon Runyon books are in the exercise room. on the bookshelf closest to the computer.
[12:49:30 AM] Antares says: i think that list is complete.
[12:49:51 AM] Dad says: Good, we'll look for the books.

I spoke plain English in my original list. You all saw that, right?

No comments: