Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Traffic violation

As I was driving home from my ceramics final today, it occurred to me that it would be the very worst possible time for me to get pulled over. See, I've never been pulled over before, and I'm not sure I'll be able to avoid bursting into tears. Bursting into tears would be the absolute worst thing I could possibly do, I think, because it works well if you are young and attractive, but if you happen to be young and not so attractive, and your personal style can best be described as What Does Style Mean?, I imagine it would be less than effective. And today, I happened to be driving home with a ceramic skull (a very good one, I used Gray's) in my lap. If you were a police officer, how would that work for you? Woman in tears with a skull in her lap? Now that I am home, I almost wish I had been pulled over, just so I could see what would happen.

No comments: