Friday, May 30, 2008

Is it time for him to leave yet?

I let my brother borrow my car (well, okay, I didn't have a lot of choice in the matter, so it would be more accurate to say that I did not hold him off at gunpoint when he said he needed it) and now my precious has a colossal dent on the front bumper, and he "doesn't remember how it got there." Well, I sure didn't put it there, because the only things I've ever hit are the ground (on a sharp incline) and, last summer, a shrub. I can't say that I'm all that fond of driving, but I love that car. It's unattractive and super reliable (like me!) and kind of old, and it's my favorite color and has a sound system that my father, the music snob, bought and installed. Before I let my brother drive it, all it had were scrapes on the front bumper that my cousin put there, and now it has a 3 inch deep dent. For this, I will confiscate his portable DVD player.

The car and I are going to the coast house by ourselves now, and there is no internet there. I will update when I feel like it. (Not that I wasn't doing that already, but going to the library is more work than walking across the room to the computer.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that majorly sucks.
(I do find your posts extremely humorous, though.)