Friday, April 18, 2008

I love people. With barbeque sauce.

I went to German class this evening. I'm not really sure why. I have yet to actually learning anything and the long-term substitute is excessively cheery (I don't really do cheery) and besides that, he keeps asking me questions. And the answers that come out of my mouth make me sound like some sort of creepy ascetic serial killer.

So far, I have said that:

I don't own a TV
I pretty much spend my weekends working on my Latin and reading history
I don't really listen to music (that was a blatant lie, I just wasn't going to discuss my music preferences with these people)
I'm not interested in clothes (not that you couldn't tell by looking at me) movies (another lie!) or talking with friends (I don't really have friends in the plural. It's either one friend at a time, or a group of acquaintances.)

To add to this, I always seem to be the only person wearing black and class always seems to fall on the days before I wash my hair, so I always have severe hairstyles.

But I think my crowning achievement, the absolute pinnacle of my creepiness, came this evening when he asked what sports I do. I told him I run every morning. So far so good. But then he had to go and ask why I ran by myself, instead of playing sports, and before I could come up with a credible lie, the truth just popped out of my mouth.

"Because I hate other people and don't want them near me."

I'm actually quite impressed with myself. I didn't even have to think.

No comments: