Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Evil Superpowers

This morning, my mother presented me with a library copy of Marya Hornbacher's new book. As I prepared to drag it off to the sunroom immediately, because I have to give it back before the weekend and I don't want to be distracted by any other new books crossing my path, she said, "You know, I processed this when it first came out and then it slipped my mind. But last week someone at another library requested it, so I remembered it and said 'Hell no, you aren't getting it!' I decided we should take it out for a couple weeks and read it before I send it out." I knew I should have gone to library school. I had no idea you were allowed to do evil things like that. When I was working at the library, the fact that I was allowed to check books in and immediately check them back out to myself was enough to fill me with glee. Now, I wanna be able able to preempt other peoples' requests because I like the book and want to read it first.

No comments: