Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Apparently, I have "Californian" tattooed on my forehead

My running sweatpants and shoes both gave out on the same day, so I had to go shopping. While I was there, I bought an umbrella, because I don't own one. (The Handbook for Clueless International Students said to bring one in my carry-on, so I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that England maybe has a little problem with precipitation.) I got a black purse-sized umbrella. I had the same kind in California, until it turned inside out and I decided to get rid of it. I brought it home and put it on the table, and my dad took a good look at it and started to smirk. Apparently, England laughs at my tiny umbrella. He gives it maybe a week before it also turns inside out and goes to umbrella heaven.

In my own defense, buying a bigger umbrella would have meant one less book I could cram into my carry-on.

No comments: