Saturday, January 31, 2009

Being stuck at school with no classes to go to apparently bores me to tears

Cafepress - every time I go there I see this bag, and I laugh. I should buy it, but I don't know what I would do with it. Also - new Black Death t-shirt! I wish I had a reason to buy t-shirts.

Today I am having a fight with my nose. I realize everyone I know wishes I would shut the hell up about my nose already, but you know how sometimes you see yourself in a window and the reflection catches you all wrong and you wear baggy sweatshirts for a week because you think you're twice the size you actually are? That happens to me, but it also happens with my nose. And today I hate it. I'm aware that it could be much worse. It's just that the bridge is so visible and the whole thing is a size too big. As I have been told, repeatedly, by people who wish I would shut the hell up about my nose, it works okay with my face (because I have heavy features that need a larger nose to set them off, especially my terrible cheekbones, but no one says that part) and mostly I don't mind it too much because I don't pay attention to it if I can help it, I'm just having issues today. The really unfair part is that I can't have surgery on it even if I had the money for that sort of thing, because as I said, I have heavy features and a smaller nose would just look strange on my face. THAT DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE TO LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME, OKAY?

I cut off some more of my hair. I don't want to talk about it. It was only about 4 inches, anyway.

My mother has only Skyped me twice since my family left. Thank God. I was hoping that seeing where I lived would cure her compulsion to check every five minutes whether I'm still alive, and it has. Don't tell her about all the wandering around at night by myself, though, or all her hair will fall out.

The library has apparently temporarily increased our borrowing allowances to 20 books at a time, instead of 15. (Research based postgraduates get 25 instead of 20, and undergrads are still stuck at 10.) Apparently they will do this for a month and then reevaluate. This means I'm going to have to go to the library and take out 20 books I don't even necessarily want to read, and I hope everyone else does the same thing.

No comments: