Thursday, March 13, 2008

Henna

I'll update briefly now because my social life snuck up behind me and grabbed me around the ankles, and I probably won't have time to do it later.

I'm going to have to grow out my henna. I had already decided to do this if I got into a British school (but I didn't mention it because the possibility seemed so remote). I just can't deal with hennaing while living in student housing. If I were going to an American school, I might have hennaed before the semester started and then just done it on breaks, but I probably won't be coming home for breaks in this case unless housing shuts down. I mention this now because I was all set to henna this weekend before the letter came, but I've already got a half inch of roots, so I'll call it a start.

Unfortunately, my natural color does not look good next to my hennaed hair, and it's driving me crazy already. Fortunately, I can do a ponytail since the chop, so I don't have to look at the stripe going up my part. It's going to be ponytails for a long time now.

No comments: