Tuesday, February 9, 2010

That Family

So I had four seals replaced on my molars today (G: "This is very pleasant. Normally I do this procedure on 6-year-olds, and they cry") and, on our way out, my mother wanted to stop and make an appointment for David in July. (Did I mention that she had to keep making and canceling appointments for me all through November and December? Like, four in all? Because she did. Heaven forbid her kids get home and don't have dentist appointments waiting for them.) Anyway, as we (read: my mother, with minimal participation from me) were chatting with the receptionist and everyone else who kept wandering by, because we know every single damn person in that office, I read the appointment book upside-down. The receptionist only wrote "David" and a phone number. There was no need for a last name, because they all know exactly what family they're dealing with.

Yes, I did tease my mother about that the entire way home.

No comments: