Friday, November 13, 2009

Progress is made

Well, today that place I interviewed at actually called me back (FINALLY) and said they had hired someone who had actually done that exact job before, so at least I feel less like I totally blew my interview or something.

Also, my parents and NephthysWrath both said that, given that I was told I would have my official results by late October or early November, it was time to storm the castle, so I went up to the university and ran around demanding an explanation from people. But, apparently, if I come back next Friday they should be out, and I can get a printed copy rather than waiting for them to be mailed to me, so I can maybe, hopefully, if things actually go my way, have my visa application out by next Saturday. I am not at all sure I used enough commas in this paragraph, so here is another one.

I would also like to say that the boiler in the house just went out, so there is no heat or hot water, and it is freezing and pouring rain and the wind is actually howling, so this is all splendid. And of course I discovered this when I went to take my shower, and the water wouldn't heat up, so I'm sitting around in a bathrobe waiting for the landlady to get here and do something. (What she will do, I'm not sure, but I will be extremely agitated if I have to go to bed without a shower.) I guess at least the boiler went out before I managed to get in the shower at all, so at least I am not freezing and covered in soap.

No comments: