Monday, July 14, 2008

Whine

A few months ago, I had to make a new policy concerning exercise and rain. I used to not go out running on days when it was raining, but I've reached the point where if I don't get my run on a non-rest day, I get all cranky. Now, I only skip my run if there's a thunderstorm, because there's actual danger involved there. If it's only raining - well, I'm not a nineteenth century girl, and I'm not going to catch any scary diseases. When big tough twenty-first century women go out in the rain, all they get is covered in rainwater. But I'd be lying if I told you that running 3-5 miles in wet shoes was comfortable. And also, I wear my hair in a braid and it always gets all matted from the rainwater, and I have to spend ages patiently picking it apart and detangling it.

Plus, there are scary decisions when you get inside - do you peel off your dripping clothes in the tiled laundry room and risk some family member coming upon you in your underwear, or do you just trot straight up to the bathroom, leaving puddles on the hardwood floor?

And yes, it was raining this morning, and yes, I am writing this post so I can put off dealing with the dreadlock hanging off the back of my head. Also, I just heard my mother go down the stairs, so I have about 30 seconds before she confronts me about the puddles.

No comments: